CardioFitness;694397 Wrote:
> I have trying with mp3 tag and I can't find a way to snatch the right
> string from The Doors - Strange Days (1967)'(1999 Remaster Elektra
> 74014-2)'

What exactly are you trying to do? Grab the remaster part between the
single quotes? Then you want to place that in the ALBUM tag? Can we
assume that you already have ARTIST, ALBUM and YEAR correctly set in
the tags?

Create an action group with three actions:

- -Action type:- *Format value*
  -Field:- *REMASTER*
  -Format string:- *%_directory%*

- -Action type:- *Replace with regular expression*
  -Field:- *REMASTER*
  -Regular expression:- *^.*'\((.*)\)'$*
  -Replace matches with:- *$1*
  [ ] -case-sensitive comparison-

- -Action type:- *Format value*
  -Field:- *ALBUM*
  -Format string:- *%album% ''(%remaster%)''*

You may want the album name formatted slightly differently. If so, just
modify the last format string. This creates an additional field called
REMASTER. If you don't want this field you can add another action to
the group:

-Action type:- *Remove fields*
-Fields to remove:- *REMASTER*

--