Triode wrote:
> Please read the audiophile forum thread especially this post:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?94855-Triode-s-USB-24-192-plug-in-sound-quality-impressions&p=705120&viewfull=1#post705120
>
> These very large settings don't do anything for the spdif driver.
>
> Please also move this discussion to the audiophile forum - I want to
> keep this thread for discussion and debate of install/compatibility
> problems.

Was just replying to your question in this thread, so thought that was
the best place for the reply.

They made a difference to the sound I and others get when using SPDIF,
so don't know how you can categorically say they don't make a
difference.

Do you have a view on why changing the settings in file
/etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/SqueezeboxFab4.lua to point to the
same device as in EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua seems to moderate the harsh
sound that some have reported with the EDO mods ?

settings =
{brightnessControl="manual",alsaPlaybackPeriodCount=4,brightness=1,alsaPlaybackDevice="TXRX",alsaPlaybackBufferTime=100000,alsaSampleSize=24,cleanReboot=false,brightnessMinimal=1,}