Viventis wrote:
> I asked a question  in the Triode, Digital Enhancement App thread as to
> whether the app would allow the transmission of 24bit/192kHz through
> toslink or spdif cables.  The response I received is that it would, so
> long as my receiver's DAC could handle it.  Fortunately, my Onkyo 809
> has a DAC that does handle 24bit/192kHz.

Will it do 24/192 over USB? My Audiolab will only do up to 24/96 over
USB as it's a class 1 USB device, but will do 24/192 over coax. The main
problem at the moment is having anything meaningful to listen to at
24/192 - The only recording I currently have at this rate is Fleetwood
Mac's Tusk - Great album, but comparing the waveform with the standard
Red Book rip shows it to be pretty much identical. Turns out that Tusk
was an early digital recording, so there's nothing above 22KHz anyway,
so whoever's clever decision it was to release this was either being
deliberately misleading or just didn't know what they were doing. Kind
of puts you off even bothering with high res content.