kswanson wrote:
> Nope, neither of those will fit in the support--diameter of the
> connector is too large. I'll try to figure out how to post a pic. This
> is really perplexing.

The Touch has never had anything other than a standard TOSLINK jack. We
really need to see a picture of what you have, nobody here has any clue
what it is you have there. The only thing that makes sense is that it is
some form of adapter.

Did you get this Touch used from someone that might have modified it?
The toslink hole in the case is a favorite spot for people  that are
modifying the Touch to add things like a BNC jack.  This might be what
you have.

John S.