Guy48065 wrote:
> Of course it's "worth bringing back" if it works--and judging by the
> deafening silence of the initial critics, it does.

Of course it "works", as in "still keeps powering the Touch". Still
haven't seen any real proof it would actually provide any improvements.
I am sure it still works as an excellent placebo.

As to "silence of initial critics", as long as the proponents don't
provide any sort of non-anecdotal proof of their claims, what's the
point of keeping repeating the same facts just so that someone can't
claim that "critics have been silenced".

Yes, this discussion definitely belongs in the audiophile section.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953