Am testing the Hugo as I write this. Very impressive. Too many options
and a complete pain in the butt to operate, but excellent sound quality.

I would stick with using the volume on the SBT if that's what you're
used to, and set a static line out volume level on the mojo. Watch out
though as these things seem to peak way over the expected 2V so you may
need to just manually reduce the mojo volume level to something
appropriate and leave it there.

Interesting you mention connection via USB. Does that work? I know there
is support for some offboard DACs in the SBT but does it include
asynchronous?