I have a Mytek 192 DSD preamp/DAC and so far it works perfectly in any
SPDIF mode up to 96khz (as long as it's configured to sync to incoming
clock. more on this later), but I get pops and clicks in USB 1 mode via
EDO. It doesn't work at all on its USB 2 port, with or without a USB
hub. In USB 1 mode it'll also only go up to 96Khz. I guess that's
normal.

Anyone else tried this combo with any greater success via USB?

As for the sync issues, this DAC is pretty unique that it gives you a
ton of choices about where it gets its clocks from; so I can select an
internal clock, use the incoming clock signal from SPDIF/USB, or use an
external word clock. Using SPDIF I had no issues with it syncing to the
SBT clock output, but neither using internal clock, nor using adaptive
mode in USB1 seems to be able to avoid pops and clicks. (I don't have a
word clock source.)