philippe_44 wrote:
> @iPhone although you're technically correct, I'm not sure I see the
> benefit to start with an abrasive answer. It does not look like
> @jazzwave has been propagating some audiophile woo woo on this forum at
> all, so why not just (as you do in the second part of your post) explain
> him why his beliefs are incorrect? I'm not the police of this forum,
> needless to say but from time to time, for no good reason, it saddens me
> to see SB users (we are an endangered species) fighting for no reason,
> where education is what's needed.

.
Who is fighting? I didn't see any fighting in my post and as you said,
just actual Facts! My post was educating the obvious uneducated. An END
needs to be brought to the never ending reviving of the Linear Power
Supply Myth (especially when the unit getting said $300 Linear PS has
internal switching supplies after the external PS)! Yes power supplies
are important, but only the uneducated idiot buys a $300 Power Supply
for a Touch that only retailed for $299!

Next is the silly premise that "it sounds better" with an out of spec
PS, IE the "beholder" has magical calibrated ears but in reality actual
has imagined everything to validate their actual lack of knowledge. Just
exactly how does one go about attempting to "educate" somebody that
can't apply knowledge and science because they depend on their perceived
imagination? And of course, ones ears can easily discern certain things
like the differences between listening to music from a 3 inch full range
taped to a cardboard box versus a pair of home-brew three way speakers
with poor cross-overs versus a pair of Vandersteen Model 7 speakers all
being feed by Ayre Acoustics electronics! But when comparing ANY power
supply against another with the Squeezebox Touch, no matter how great
one's ears are, the only one that is going to actually sound different
will be a defective power supply! There will be no increase or decrease
in sound stage, no higher clearer highs, no deeper extended bass, IE no
change whatsoever between in spec power supplies with the required
minimum audio filtering!

So how does one "educate" these individuals, I'm all ears (pun
intended)!

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive