Hi All,

Haven't been on for a while (4-5 years), been successfully running a
Vortexbox 2.3 server with LMS 7.8.0 - 1395395852 (2014) on it (believe
this was a community support version not part of a Vortexbox 2.3
package) since 2014 and haven't touched it for almost 5 years as it's
run perfect, complete with full DSD support (my library includes 16/44
up to 24/192 FLAC, a few ALAC, and a reasonable amount of 2.8MHz &
5.6MHz (DSD & DSD128) DSF files. As this thread has a couple of thousand
pages to it it's proved a bit problematic searching for related posts,
so...

As my VBX hardware is 32-bit and can't be upgraded to 2.4 I (perhaps
foolishly) ran the integral upgrade to get 2.3 updated to the last
version. This update has upgraded LMS to 7.9.1 -
0.6.20170928git1508251793 (2017) which I had assumed wouldn't be an
issue and would be an improved version from my current one regardless. I
have reinstalled Triode's DSDPlayer (v1.0) Plugin for LMS (and
configured some settings for it) but DSD files won't play at all (I get
a media not supported error in iPeng app when selecting them, or in LMS
web browser they just don't play). I previously had the PlayDSD (v0.5)
installed before I updated I think. My players are the builtin VBX
Player (via USB) and a Squeezebox Touch. Unfortunately I can't find any
notes I had from 5 years ago when I configured it originally in 2014 for
DSD playback as well as hi-res FLAC - so would appreciate any help or
pointers to relevant posts...

Note: My 24/192 FLAC seems to be playing okay but I haven't verified if
it's doing bit perfect or resampling down to 16/44 yet.

1. Is there a specific post somewhere on the DSD set-up & settings and
any trouble shooting guides?

2. Am I missing anything obvious for DSD settings for the integral VBX
Player (via USB) and Squeezebox Touch settings? I may have replaced the
VBX Player previously with a slim device one from here but can't be
sure?

3. On a related note I understand community support for LMS may have
stopped? Is that correct and/or what is the last version of community
supported LMS that would be compatible with VBX 2.3 (ifs there a
post/page with info/download/etc)?

Many TIA,

John

_Hi-Fi_: 'VortexBox' (vortexbox.org) with 'SOtM tX-USB'
(sonore.us/SOtM.html); 'Oppo BDP-105D' (oppodigital.com); Yamaha
Aventage CX-A5000; 'Focal SM9s' (www.focal.com).
_AV_Extras_: PS3 w/PlayTV; 'Focal SM6s (1 Twin6, 2 Solo6, 2 Sub6)'
(www.focal.com).
_Secondary_Hi-Fi_: Squeezebox Touch; Focal XS Book Speakers.
_Display_: Sony 55\" KD-55X8500C LED TV.
_Accessories_: 'Tchernov Classic ICs' (tchernovcable.com); RuleConnect &
'Blue Jeans' (bluejeanscable.com)  Power, Digital, USB & HDMI Cables;
'Thor PS10' (thortechnologies.com.au); 'Aurios' (aurios.net/);
'Vibrapods' (vibrapod.com/); iPad & iPhone.