We recently installed a fairly high-end mesh system and were having some
issues with certain devices losing connection overnight.

It turned out that some devices would try hard to connect to and
maintain a 5G connection, even when too far to get a reliable, good
connection, and they did not pair again until we forced them to.  Our
mesh system had too many APs, and these devices were flapping between
the APs, some which overlapped the radio coverage of others.  We removed
one AP, moved another out of the coverage zone of others, and this
allowed the distant devices to connect the 2.4G network as they should
have all along.

All connections are solid and maintained now.  Maybe this helps.