Fizbin wrote:
> There have been measurements taken in the past (by various members) of
> the original PSU vs premium ones and they measured the same.

Well measurements or not - the linear power supply makes a very big
difference to the sound even when used as a pure transport. I tried the
stock power supply and, to say it didn't come close is an
understatement.

Measurements don't seem to reveal everything - pop along to ASR and get
your fix from there - but listening to various equipment is far more
important and evident.

It's really important though to have a revealing set of speakers to
'hear' those differences. Else, yes, poor measuring or the best
measuring may in fact sound the same with your average set of
transducers.