hulm1 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been having a persistent problem for which I could really use
> some help.  I have the following setup: A Raspberry Pi 2, Max2Play with
> LMS installed and Spotty plug in, Synology 218+ NAS and Squeezebox Touch
> (as the player). When working, all is wonderful. I run it one of two
> ways: Either: I use my Squeeze control app on my android phone, or I
> select the Squeezebox Touch from the Spotty App on my android. All good
> until it just stops. The Spotty App won’t even see the Touch anymore. I
> can then switch to the Squeeze control app and it has lost all my
> playlists. I can usually get it back by switching players in the Spotty
> App (say to my Echo) then back again.
>
> So: It feels like a wifi drop out but the same thing happens if
> connected by LAN through an over the mains LAN adaptor.  Meanwhile the
> Squeezebox Touch still be reached on the network when the connection to
> the player is lost
>
> I would appreciate any advice please. This has been going on too long
> and I’m on the verge of getting my wallet out for a Bluesound Node or
> something. I hate to do that because when it does work…it’s great!
>
> Thanks

How old are the home plug units? In my experience they don’t have a very
long lifespan before they start being affected in the way you describe.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS