I know Tidal offers MQA Master streams, and apparently Deezer does it as
'well'
(https://en.deezercommunity.com/features-feedback-44/352-8-khz-and-mqa-titles-on-deezer-67273)
for select titles (all though not officially).

So, if I happen to stumble into one of these in e.g. 24bit/96Khz what
will the stream do to my Touch (I know the built in D/A does not support
it, but lets say my external DAC does). Will it detect that I am running
a device without MQA support and "downgrade" to a regular 16bit 44.1Khz
flac, or will it play as a high res flac, as my DAC does handle MQA? How
will it know that I have a MQA supported DAC?

LMS 8.1.1 on Synology 213+ NAS. 3 x Squeezebox Touch with external Rega
DAC.