I've been looking at some of the historical threads about power
supplies, but thought I'd start yet another post on the topic to see
what the latest recommendations are.

I recently picked up a secondhand Squeezebox Touch, but think I might
need to switch out the power supply to something better. When I plug my
Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones into either the headphone port (and I've also
tried via the RCA-out using an 3.5mm adapter) I get a very noticeable
background hum through the headphones when noise cancelling is enabled.
The hum disappears when I turn ANC off though. I've tested the
headphones wired to a few other devices - a laptop (plugged in) and a
phone (plugged in) and don't get the problem, so it seems to only happen
with my Squeezebox Touch, and only when ANC is enabled.

Having read several threads about the poor quality of the original power
adapter, I'm assuming that the problem is likely due to this?

Due to the other threads being quite old now, can anybody recommend a
decent replacement UK PSU that won't break the bank? I've seen the iFi
iPower mentioned elsewhere, but it's £50... which is almost as much as I
paid for my Touch... so is there anything cheaper than might resolve the
apparent electrical noise I'm experiencing?

Thanks for any advice!