AustinMaxi wrote:
> I've been a long time Touch user but have been away from these forums
> for many years (my last post was 11 years ago!). My touch is set up as
> follows:
>
> All my music files are stored on a USB HDD connected to the touch. I can
> get internet radio thorugh an ethernet connection into the Touch via a
> power line adaptor connected to my router.
>
> I have never connected the touch to my PC and use the software on the
> Touch. Playing my music files through my hifi without having a PC
> switched on was the appeal of the Touch for me. Apart from the 'local
> music service has stopped due to a problem' issue, it has worked OK.
>
> Following a brief review of the forum I can see that it is possible to
> install BBC Sounds, but am confused on how I do this as it does not show
> up in the list of apps on the Touch.
>
> The Touch is running version 7.7.3 r16676 and this seems to be the most
> up to date version I can get.
>
> Any step by step guide would be appreciated as scanning through the
> forum has made me more confused.

I would recommend running LMS on a NAS, every house should have one to
store stuff on anyway, I use to use Synology but there were issues for
Squeezebox, Netgears seem to work fine.  You can download the 8 versions
of software both for LMS and for the Touch (so my Touches are running
8.0.1-r16856).  If you put it on an SD card you can plug it straight
into the Touch.  Please see attached images.  Also you can always run
LMS on PC if necessary.

good luck, Nigel

35708
35709
35710

|Filename: LMS screenshot 3.jpg                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35710|