I use TuneFusion, by the maker of dbpoweramp (Illustrate) to sync
selected music from my music files (which are connected to my Squeezebox
system) to my iPhone.  TuneFusion can automatically convert from
lossless to any lossy codec when transferring.  I used to keep a lossy
mirror of my music files to transfer to my iPhone with itunes.  But I no
longer need to do this.  I simply run foobar2000(mobile) on my iphone
and transfer files with TuneFusion, converting my FLAC files on the fly
to 192kbps mp3 files on my phone.  And if one prefers to play the FLAC
files on the iPhone, that works too, just don't turn on the lossy
conversion function.  And I have no need to use iTunes for anything
anymore.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

*Home:* Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win11(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material
Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dBpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes,
TuneFusion; -Streaming:- Spotify