Hi Rob,

thanks for the explanation. This is definitely not a false positive -
the report even contains dst and src ranges for the memcpy() call, and
they indeed overlap. Should be possible to reproduce w/o ASan by
checking the addresses in the code.

I've added some debug printfs to this code, and got this:

j = 5
ptb 0x0 tb 0x5564dfb750 buf 0x5564dfb961
USER       PID  PPID     VSZ    RSS WCHAN              PC S NAME
root         1     0   10628   1272 SyS_epoll_     4d805c S init
j = 5
ptb 0x0 tb 0x5564dfb750 buf 0x5564dfb94b

The change (the one that requires a google login) simply replaces
memcpy with memmove, which sounds like a bad idea at this point.