When you get back to this, probably the two most useful places for seeing
how much existing tls code is required for ktls would be

https://github.com/ktls/af_ktls-tool/blob/master/client.c
https://github.com/ktls/af_ktls-tool/blob/master/xlibgnutls.c

The af_ktls-tool contains a bunch of testing noise, but also contains a
test client. The test client (starting around client.c line 1096) calls the
gnutls-based initiator (in xlibgnutls) then uses the ktls feature with the
gnutls-initiated session info.

It really looks like using ktls will depend on a full openssl or gnutls
library. Also, at the moment, ktls only implements one crypto suite (AES
GCM), so a client using ktls can't interoperate with all webservers. (on
the server side it matters less because the server-operator can choose only
to use AES GCM, and all clients will have to support that).