On 4/8/19 2:31 PM, enh wrote:
> why does toysh care? shells i've seen don't call setenv at all ---
> they maintain an "environ" of their own for their children.

Yes, they have to do it themselves because libc is doing it unusably wrong for
anything that persists and changes environment variables repeatedly.

*shrug* Reinventing this wheel isn't hard, I'd just hoped I wouldn't have to.
But I didn't complain widely enough long ago, and only musl fixed the leak.

Rob

P.S. I tried to make ftw() work before writing dirtree, I tried to make
realpath() work before writing xrealpath(), I tried pretty hard to avoid writing
next_printf() at all...