On 9/8/23 16:48, scsijon wrote:
> RFC3161

Random network protocol, that page doesn't contain the word "command". The word
"timestamp" occurs in other contexts:

$ apropos timestamp
futimens (3)         - change file timestamps with nanosecond precision
futimes (3)          - change file timestamps
futimesat (2)        - change timestamps of a file relative to a directory fi...
lutimes (3)          - change file timestamps
pam_timestamp (8)    - Authenticate using cached successful authentication at...
pam_timestamp_check (8) - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid
sudoers_timestamp (5) - Sudoers Time Stamp Format
touch (1)            - change file timestamps
utimensat (2)        - change file timestamps with nanosecond precision
XtLastEventProcessed (3) - last event, last timestamp processed
XtLastTimestampProcessed (3) - last event, last timestamp processed

> try
>
> https://linuxcommandlibrary.com/man/ts
> or
> https://www.putorius.net/ts-command-add-convert-timestamps-linux.html

I'm aware the command exists. As I said, it IS in one of the seventy four
thousand packages in the debian repository. (It's not in debian's default
install, not in the fedora 36 livecd, not in man7.org's section 1, not in beyond
linux from scratch, not in buildroot...)

However busybox added it in 2019, so I'm taking a look...

Rob