On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 01:30:58PM +0000, Winkler, Tomas wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > I get this (probably every time) when I do rmmod:
> >
> > [ 4372.725616] tpm tpm0: A TPM error (325) occurred stopping the TPM
> >
> > That is probably caused by failing TPM2_Shutdown. My guess is that runtime
> > PM patches cause this.
> >
> > I'll verify that the problem does not occur with the next branch, which does
> > not include runtime PM patches.
>
> Can you produce the full log?

I just compiled kernel from the 'next' branch and it doesn't have this
issue. If you want, I can recompile the kernel but that's the only error
message that is emitted and it is obviously emitted by tpm2_shutdown().
This is a Skylake m7-6Y75 machine that I use for ad-hoc testing (runs
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, usually I test kernel with buildroot initramfs) of TPM
and SGX.

> Tomas

/Jarkko