This patch set includes the cleanup and bug fixes patches, previously
part of the "tpm: add the securityfs pseudo files support for TPM 2.0
firmware event log" patch set, in order to upstream them more quickly.
- Moved cleanup/fixes patches into this patch set.
- Patch "fix the race condition between event log access and chip
- updated subject line and commit description.
- modified fops code to use chip kref.
- modified fops to lock inode before accessing inode private data.
- renamed tpm_securityfs_data to tpm_chip_seqops, as it no more
holds bios log, but associates seqops with respective chip. For
the same reason, moved it to tpm.h
- Patch "replace or remove printk error messages"
- cleaned up dev_dbg and used dev_info as applicable.
- Includes feedbacks from Jarkko and Jason.
- Patch "tpm: define a generic open() method for ascii & bios
- Fix indentation issue.
- Patch "tpm: replace the dynamically allocated bios_dir as
struct dentry array".
- Continue to use bios_dir_count variable to use is_bad() checks and
to maintain correct order for securityfs_remove() during teardown.
- Reset chip->bios_dir_count in teardown() function.
- Patch "tpm: validate the event log access before tpm_bios_log_setup".
- Retain TPM2 check which was removed in previous patch.
- Add tpm_bios_log_setup failure handling.
- Remove use of private data from v3 version of patch. Add a new
member to struct tpm_chip to achieve the same purpose.
- Patch "tpm: redefine the read_log method to check for ACPI/OF
- Move replacement of CONFIG_TCG_IBMVTPM with CONFIG_OF to
this patch from patch 3.
- Replace -1 error code with -ENODEV.
- Patch "tpm: replace the of_find_node_by_name() with dev of_node
- Uses chip->dev.parent->of_node.
- Created separate patch for cleanup of pr_err
- Patch "tpm: remove printk error messages".
- New Patch.
- Patch "tpm: add the securityfs file support for TPM 2.0 event log".
- Parses event digests using event alg_id rather than event log header
- Uses of_property_match_string to differentiate tpm/vtpm compatible
- Adds the comment for difference in tpm/vtpm endianness.
- Includes the review feedbacks as suggested by Jason.
- Split of patches into one patch per idea.
- Generic open() method for ascii/bios measurements.
- Replacement of of **bios_dir with *bios_dir.
- Verifying readlog() is successful before creating securityfs entries.
- Generic readlog() to check for ACPI/OF in sequence.
- read_log_of() method now uses of_node propertry rather than
- read_log differentiates vtpm/tpm using its compatible property.
- Cleans pr_err with dev_dbg.
- Commit msgs subject line prefixed with tpm.
- Fixes issues as given in feedback by Jason.
- Adds documentation for device tree.
Jarkko Sakkinen (2):
tpm: replace dynamically allocated bios_dir with a static array
tpm: drop tpm1_chip_register(/unregister)
Nayna Jain (5):
tpm: define a generic open() method for ascii & bios measurements
tpm: fix the race condition between event log access and chip getting
tpm: redefine read_log() to handle ACPI/OF at runtime
tpm: replace of_find_node_by_name() with dev of_node property
tpm: replace or remove printk error messages
drivers/char/tpm/Makefile | 14 +--
drivers/char/tpm/tpm-chip.c | 31 ++----
drivers/char/tpm/tpm-sysfs.c | 3 +
drivers/char/tpm/tpm.h | 14 ++-
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_acpi.c | 36 +++----
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_eventlog.c | 208 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_eventlog.h | 22 +++--
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_of.c | 46 ++++-----
8 files changed, 176 insertions(+), 198 deletions(-)
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
tpmdd-devel mailing list