Your Apache config file is not valid:

either you peek mod_python and there is not directive involving "cgi"
rules, or you peek fastcgi and you don't want the <IfModule
mod_python.c> conditional statement. (I don't mention CGI that is not
recommended as it is far too slow)

If you can, use mod_python. Do you have mod python installed on your server?

Cheers,
Manu

--
Manu