I seem to be on a posting roll today.  Apologies for the spike in traffic.
Last question for the week.  :)

I am maintaining an instance of Trac that is hosted on textdrive nee' Joyent.
These guys don't allow access to the main Apache conf file, so I have to do any
jiggy cuteness with Apache by using directory specific .htaccess files.

Because of the lockdown on Apache, rather than using mod_python through Apache,
I am forced to use tracd on a specific port.

So I have tracd running on a specific port XXXX, utilizing a specific digest
file.

In an .htaccess file under /tracweb, I have mod_rewrite rules proxying any
requests to /tracweb to the tracd instance running at port XXXX.

Everything works hunky dory until it comes time to authenticate.  If I attempt
to authenticate directly to the tracd instance at port XXXX, everything works
perfectly.  However, if I attempt to authenticate by clicking LOGIN from
/tracweb, it accepts my credentials and then proceeds to go into an infinite
loop when attempting to login.

The error I see in my logs is:

[Thu Jun 28 15:03:44 2007] [error] [client 84.42.203.214] Digest: invalid nonce
3f29a221bf8dc7164e2ab27fd922fd34 received - length is not 52

Below is my .htaccess file (w/names changed to protect the innocent)

===========

AuthUserFile /{blah}/trac.digest.passwd
AuthGroupFile /{blah}/groups.htgroups
AuthType Digest
AuthDigestProvider file
AuthName {foo}
require group all

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^trac_common/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/trac_common/$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^trac/?(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^project1(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/project1$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^project2(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/project2$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^project3(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/project3$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^project4(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/project4$1 [P]

This also assumes that there is an instance of tracd running under the
following:

/usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/tracd -d -p 9006 --auth
*,{blah}/trac.digest.passwd, {foo} -e {homedir of Trac}

I don't think I've forgotten anything.  Any ideas?

Vincent