Given that I don't have the option to upgrade Trac on this box (unfortunately),
do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting why authentication would work
happily in one scenario, but in the mod_rewritten scenario the Trac login might
think that it needs to go into an endless loop?  Below is the .htaccess file.

I have a Trac folder at:

~/domains/foo.bar.com/trac

This contains the Trac environments for my setup.  I run an instance of tracd
as such:

/usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/tracd -d -p 9006

I have a public website folder for said domain under:

~/domains/foo.bar.com/public/

Which ostensibly serves pages for foo.bar.com (verified)

There is an .htaccess file in this folder that contains the following
directives:

AuthUserFile
/users/home/username/domains/foo.bar.com/password/trac.digest.passwd
AuthGroupFile
/users/home/username/domains/foo.bar.com/password/groupname.htgroups
AuthType Digest
AuthDigestProvider file
AuthName foo.bar.com
require group all

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^trac_common/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/trac_common/$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^trac/?(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^projectone(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/projectone$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^projecttwo(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/projecttwo$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^projectthree(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/projectthree$1 [P]
RewriteRule ^projectfour(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9006/projectfour$1 [P]

The intent of these directives, which works outside of the strange endless loop
that occurs when I try to login (login page continually tries to reload) is to
make it so that surfing to http://foo.bar.com/projectone will proxy to the
tracd serving projectone.

Clear as mud, I hope?  :)

Emmanuel Blot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I don't remember whether this parameter exists on 0.9 series.
It is recommended on Trac 0.10, and mandatory on 0.11.

--
Manu