Hi.  Saw a thread about trying to use remote SVN Repositories and wanted to
throw my 2 cents in, apologies if the 2 cents are an unnecessary tip.

My understanding is that Trac HAS to be pointing to a local version of SVN.
I'm not sure why it would be an issue to refer to an NFS mount of said SVN
repository (well I can think of a few reasons, but that's not what I'm here to
talk about), but I've been warned off of that path.

The path I ended up taking was utilizing svnsync
(http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/svnsync.txt)

Using svnsync to create a read only repository on the machine that my Trac
installation lived on (and pointed to) works wonderfully.  OCASSIONALLY, I have
run into issues where the node_changes database goes wonky and I have to clear
those entries and let Trac rebuild them again (using trac-admin resync
supposedly, but I always seem to get a strange error message).

If you want more specific instructions in regards to svnsync, let me know and I
can do a step by step.  But I think the instructions are reasonable enough.

Best,

Vincent