Hi,

I found the source of the problem: if I change the trac.ini file with
GEdit, the ownership and permissions changes in a fashion that prohibits
Trac to read the trac.ini. Resetting that to their original values
restores my Trac environment without re-initialising.

Why Gedit does what is does beats me: it changes the owner/permissions
from root/tracusers, 660 to jkr/tracusers, 600 in which I am jkr. I may
have to do with the way it makes backups.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.