I am running a MS Small Business Server.  I have been trying to get
ticket notifications to be sent through the Exchange server.  The
following is the notification section of my trac.ini file.

[notification]
always_notify_owner = true
always_notify_reporter = true
always_notify_updater = true
mime_encoding = base64
smtp_always_bcc =
smtp_always_cc = firstname.lastname
smtp_default_domain =
smtp_enabled = true
smtp_from = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
smtp_password =
smtp_port = 25
smtp_replyto =
smtp_server = localhost
smtp_subject_prefix = [trac]
smtp_user =
use_public_cc = false
use_short_addr = true
use_tls = false

Both the Exchange Server and the Trac server are running on the same
computer.  The Exchange server allows anonymous access, hence the lack
of smtp_user and smtp_password fields.

When I attempt to modify (or create, for that matter) a ticket, I get
the following error in the Trac log.

2007-10-04 18:24:23,437 Trac[web_ui] ERROR: Failure sending
notification on change to ticket #1: Connection unexpectedly closed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\trac\ticket\web_ui.py", line
562, in _do_save
    tn.notify(ticket, newticket=False, modtime=now)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\trac\ticket\notification.py",
line 129, in notify
    NotifyEmail.notify(self, ticket.id, subject)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\trac\notification.py", line 216,
in notify
    Notify.notify(self, resid)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\trac\notification.py", line 114,
in notify
    self.begin_send()
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\trac\notification.py", line 278,
in begin_send
    self.server = smtplib.SMTP(self.smtp_server, self.smtp_port)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 244, in __init__
    (code, msg) = self.connect(host, port)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 311, in connect
    (code, msg) = self.getreply()
  File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 355, in getreply
    raise SMTPServerDisconnected("Connection unexpectedly closed")
SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Brett