Configured correctly, I would put 300-400 users (assuming relatively
consistent use at a company) as doable without too much work. You can
load balance the web side all you want, so the real bottleneck is
just the DB. There are whole books written on Postgres tuning and
clustering, so I want try to go into that here. I think you will run
out of hardware before you have more users than Trac can handle though.

--Noah