On Oct 19, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Andreas wrote:

I'm fairly new to Trac and want to use it for something unusual, I
guess:  I'd like to take the "browse source" functionality and make it
also do commits. So, a web form with a "save" button that will commit
the current contents to the SVN. Trac doesn't support that right now,
but would it generally be possible to do that (or are there major
technical obstacles), and roughly how hard would it be?

There's the obvious problem of the fact that commit is sometimes interactive. You try to commit, but it turns out you're out of date, have to "svn up" again, merge, and then finally commit. On a web interface, seems somewhat difficult to do.

Are there any other tools out there that would be better suited for my needs?

Subversion and your text editor?

--
        Jordi