Ok, it turns out that Trac is installed in my Python.2.3 site packages
directory, so installing another instance alongside my existing
installation (as indicated at the link you provided) seems to be the
best option. However, since I'm also upgrading Python as part of this
process, it seems to me that I can install Trac to the Python 2.5 site-
packages directory, and accomplish the same thing (in maybe a slightly
cleaner way?). in this case, i'm assuming i wouldn't need the
PythonPath directive. What i'm proposing is this:

1. Backup /usr/share/trac
2. Backup /usr/bin/tracd, trac-admin, and tracdb2env
3. Install Trac 0.10.4 normally, using the Python2.5 binary (/usr/
local/bin/python2.5 ./setup.py install)
4. Swap in mod_python v2.5.1
5. Restart apache
6. If it worked, then install plugins to v2.5 site-packages directory

In this way, if something goes wrong, I can revert back to my working
2.3 setup very easily (this is a heavily used Trac system).

Does this plan make sense? Am I missing anything? Does Trac put/use
files in other locations that I should be concerned with (other than
the Trac environment, which I'm assuming will be compatible)?

Also, assuming this plan is not off base, do I need to worry about the
*.egg files in the .python-eggs directory? I'm learning, but I'm still
a bit fuzzy on how all the Python pieces fit together.

Thanks again for your help,

Stephen