> Are you aware of http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TocMacro?

I have that macro loaded up, but I needed (well, wanted) different
formatting than either the TOC() or TitleIndex() macros provide. In
particular, I wanted the outline format and depth restrictions that
TitleIndex(format=group,depth=2) provides, and the ability to pass a
list of pages like TOC() provides. I also wanted to be able to format
the display the lowest level of the outline as a horizontal list (as
opposed to a vertical list) in order to not waste so much screen
space.