On Oct 8, 7:19 am, Jean Marie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > First you need to create new permission, e.g. TICKET_CLOSE.
>
> > How can i do this?
>
> I  found an intermediate solution by "hacking" the database:
>
>     INSERT INTO permission (username, action) VALUES ("group_qa",
> "TICKET_CLOSE");
>
> After this, the manuall added permissions assignment is visible in the
> admin section and also the trac-admin shows me this assignment.
>
> In trac.ini i've set:
>     [ticket-workflow]
>     close.permissions = TICKET_CLOSE
>
> Now only users that are members of group "group_qa" are able to close
> a ticket.
>
> For the moment this solution is fine by me. Are there any doubts about
> this solution?
>
> Maybe there'll be a more elegant way of adding user defined
> permissions.
>
> Best regards
> Jean Marie

AHH, bad idea.

stated about 3 responses up :
>And to create your own permissions :
>http://nil.checksite.co.uk/post.cfm/trac-0-11-creating-your-own-permissions

again, note his code isn't formatted properly for python on that web
site.

in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users/browse_thread/thread/79b11813a0cd25ab/e1710f4f7dc76cf3?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=custom+permissions#e1710f4f7dc76cf3
  I posted a copy of it, which "should" be formatted.  however, it is
a google email group, so ymmv

create that python file (modified for your permission(s) , drop it in
your plugins directory, restart  your server, and you should be good
to go.  you may need to enable the plugin in the web admin, I forget.

additionally, you MAY want to take a look at the "enterprise-workflow"
in the contrib directory, which has a resloved->verfied type workflow,
plus a special ticket handler to prevent the person that resolved a
ticket from verifying it.  Maybe combine the 2.

we implement a custom workflow with resolved->verified.  but we don't
enforce who verifies, since this step is basically author testing/
verification it was merged into the trunk.  we have a separate qa step
that tests irrespective of tickets.