Folks,

Perusing the google ... I have seen several items regarding installing
trac 0.11  on Ubuntu 8.04 "HARDY".   We currently are running

Architecture = x86
Base O/S = Ubuntu 8.04  "HARDY"
trac = 0.10.4
python = 2.5
DB = postgres 8.1
web = apache2
Templating  = clearsilver
Authentication = htdigest

We are using plugins

tracWebAdmin
tracWikiTemplates
graphviz
tracnav

We are migrating to

Architecture = x86_64
Base O/S =   ??   We are leaning to Ubuntu 8.04 "HARDY"    but are open to
  Fedora9 if everything else is more easy .. ?
trac = 0.11
Python = 2.5?
DB =  postgres 8.1 ?
web = apache2 ?
templating = genshi ?   Will previous installed plugins still work ?
Authentication = ??   use what we have and then migrate to
tracAccountManager ?

We want to take advantage of trac funtionality offered in 0.11 like fine
grain permissions and templating ... etc ...

Is there documentation or success stories of those who have successfully
gone through this migration path that is documented, step by step ?

Can the DB be exported / imported ?
Can the trac.ini  configuration  be copied over ?

Would appreciate advice for this move and what gotchas may be in store
that we can haopefully avoid ....   I know its not a slam dunk,
but hopefully there should be some history of sucessful similar migrations
and  I would greatly appreciate any kind words of wisdom !

Many  thanks in advance !!

Best Regards,

Joe

Joseph H. Dayney | Software Engineer | RR Donnelley
630W 1000N | Logan, UT 84321 | (: 435-755-4278 | 801-453-5015 |È:
435-770-7244 | Ê: 435-755-4210 | *: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply