On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 09:17:00AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Nov 19, 10:45 am, "Stephen Moretti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> > > I guess that will never be possible for cross-environment queries, but
> > > that syntax will work in a multiple projects per environment setup
> > > (which is of course at this point not yet implemented).
> >
> > Hmm I guess I'd need to really be using a common database (multiple schemas)
> > for all the environments and make a macro that basically replicates
> > ticketquery but can interrogate multiple schema, a
> > lahttp://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMultipleProjects/MultipleEnvironmen...
> >
> > On a tangent.... Whats the issue with MySQL support?  Is it down to the
> > MySQL/Python Connector?  Is that correct?
> >
> > Stephen
>
> I don't see why you would need a 1 db/multiple project schema.
>
> The TracHours plugin has a multi-project query which I beleive works
> in the "standard" mutli-project setup.
>
> It does modify the database for it's purpose, but I think it could
> done.

To be fair, the TracHours multi-project query is fairly ad-hoc;  it also does
HTTP requests to get the RSS instead of reading from the DB which is less than
ideal.  I don't apologize for either of these things, mainly because no
framework exists (to my knowledge?) to do this sort of thing in trac in a
standardized way.  I highly desire such a standardization of "dialect" whereby
trac instances can talk to each other and plugins can talk to each other.  But
I'm realistic in that not only is this difficult to design, I think any
solution (or even the idea of a solution) would be very contraversial.  So roll
your own?

Jeff