On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Peter von Kaenel
<peter.vonkae...@harmonicinc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Trac installed as part of VisualSVN and have added several plug-ins.
> I'm about to get a new server and want to migrate VisualSVN and Trac to it.
> It looks like the VisualSVN move should be fairly easy, but I'm not sure
> about Trac.  Is it enough to just copy the Trac directories and add the
> required lines to the httpd_wrapper.bat and httpd-custom.conf files or do
> the plug-ins require something else?

If you installed your plugins locally (i.e. they can be found inside
env's `plugins` folder) then they will be also installed in the target
machine once you move your environments ... However in case of a
global installation (i.e. plugins installed under Py `site_packages`
folder) ... I'm affraid you have to reinstall them once again in your
new server ... :(

I am not sure about the «side-effects» of using symlinks to other
plugins dirs or sharing your configuration options (i.e.
[trac:inherit] option in trac.ini ;) or any other sophisticated
setups.

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Añadir gadgets de Google en entradas (artículos) de Blogger.