On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Noah Kantrowitz <n...@coderanger.net> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Flatfender wrote:
>>
>> The part your missing is that your browser has your credentials
>> cached, so even when you click logout and trac expires your session, a
>> new session get's created b/c instead of getting a enter your

What follows is perhaps a little OT, but anyway ...

When I talk about credentials I mean user + password (perhaps there is
a different word to refer to this ... but anyway) ... AFAIK this is
never kept by browsers (talking about Trac ;), but tokens issued by
Trac itself ... this comment is just to ensure we are using a common
vocabulary

IMHO (... CMIIW ...) even if the browser keeps this token in memory or
creates a new token, if it is invalidated by Trac (server-side ;) then
... is it still possible that user session come back to life ? I think
that expired user tokens should be handled as anonymous or at least
warn the user about

Now I am not really sure (dont remember ...) how REMOTE_USER envvar is
set by Apache ... perhaps the issue is related to this sec mechanism.

I have deployed other apps in dedicated web servers and I had not seen
this kind of issues so far.

> More specifically the part you are missing is that these credentials
> aren't stored in a cookie or anything similar, they are just kept in
> memory in the browser.

you mean ... user + passw ?

> There is nothing in the HTTP authentication
> standard that allows the web site to request these be clearer.
> Clicking logout will clear the cookies, but since it can't clear these
> credentials you will be logged right back in.

ufffff ... well ... If this is the case (user + passw) ... then you'
re absolutely right ...

> Solution: use
> AccountManager's form-based logins since they are no subject to the
> wiles of HTTP auth.

Well ... I am looking forward to deploy Trac using CoSign ... in this
case I could use CoSign auth form

I wonder if Trac is able to handle Cosign logout (involves out-of-band
server to server comm ;) seamlessly ... but anyway, Ithink I'll test
it first, next if I have any doubt I'll post further comments once I
make real progress ...

Thnx a lot for your help ...

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Mirando la web de una forma distinta con Google Visualization API