Hi,

This might be the wrong group, however, is there any other benefit to
using virtualenv to try to make a macro, other than isolating the
python environment on the machine i am working with?

I plan to work on an isolated machine anyway (my windows desktop)  Or
do I get some additional usefulness?  Otherwise i could just install
trac, and dev/test my macro with tracd.  Actually, this machine
already has trac installed I believe, just needs an update.

I have never written a trac macro or component, so I want it to be as
painless as possible.  If the only thing I get from using virtualenv
is making it easier to following example, well, that's a benefit in
and of itself that makes it worthwhile.

Anyway, thanks