On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Chris Peterson<overrid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I work with Doug on this issue, and I wanted to provide some
> additional details about our configuration and what I am seeing.
>
> The server is an Amazon EC2 small instance, running on a dual core
> Opteron 2.6 ghz w/ 1.66 gig of ram
> The Trac install lives in the default c:\python25 folder, and the
> trac / svn data lives on an S3 drive.

The use of an S3 drive seems highly suspect to me. S3 tends to have
poor performance for high I/O loads, generally being optimized for
smaller transfers. Have you tried using an EBS volume for storing the
data? That was, by far, the best performance when I was testing out
EC2 for my situation.

One other thing we had issues with (although it wasn't CPU bound) was
when the /chrome directory was behind Kerberos authentication. It
greatly slowed down page loads until we made /chrome unauthenticated.