Right, they are in the trac.ini file.

-----Original Message-----
From: trac-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:trac-us...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of yoheeb
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 2:13 PM
To: Trac Users
Subject: [Trac] Re: Query options of a custom field

On Jul 1, 1:21 pm, RJOllos <ry...@physiosonics.com> wrote:
> It sounds to me like the values for custom fields of a ticket are
> stored in the ticket_custom table, but not the available options for a
> custom field.  Where are the possible values for the custom field
> stored?
>
> On Jun 30, 5:00 am, "Dan Winslow" <dwins...@aiminstitute.org> wrote:
>
> > The custom values are stored in the ticket_custom table. The columns are
> > ticket, name, and value. Ticket holds the ticket id, name holds the
> > field name, and value holds the field value. It's quite a cumbersome way
> > to do things but it works.

the possible options of custom fields (I am assuming a select type
here) are stored in the .ini file.  my guess is the only "off the
shelf" option you'll find, and I have never used this, so I can't
verify is the http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/IniGetMacro

in theory, something like this [[IniGet(CustomFieldA.options)]]

probably in a table or something:
||'''Custom Field Name'''||'''Possible Values'''||
||CustomFieldA|| [[IniGet(CustomFieldA.options)]] ||
||CustomFieldX|| [[IniGet(CustomFieldX.options)]] ||

I also expect it will be ugly with a response like 100|200|300|400|
500  so you might want to augment this macro to split on the | and
format the result string.  Again, assuming it works.