On Aug 8, 6:47 pm, jevans <jevans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, trac-admin does not support defining new
> permissions, although it might be nice if it did.  When I try, I get
> "MY_NEW_PERMISSION is not a valid action."  Am I missing something?

Assuming this can't be done, and I don't think it is possible, I was
thinking it would be ideal to add a component to the NavAddPlugin [1],
TracTabPlugin [2]. and/or MenusPlugin [3] that allows custom
permissions to be defined through trac.ini.  I'm using all 3 of those
plugins, and would like to define a custom permission for items in the
navigation bar defined through all 3 components.

I haven't looked closely as to whether it would be practical to
implement that feature, but I hope to do that in the near future.

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/NavAddPlugin
[2] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracTabPlugin
[3] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/MenusPlugin