Quoting "Olemis Lang" <ole...@gmail.com>:
>  - Why not to include jQuery UI so that plugin developers be able to
>    use those widgets in their own plugins and also custom widgets without
>    bundling jQuery UI core files ?
>  - The same for a jQuey UI theme for Trac ;o)
>
> Looking forward to your comments ;o)

As one of the packagers of Trac for Debian I have to oppose.
(Well, not strongly, but oppose.)

For distributions such as Debian or Ubuntu it is very important
not to duplicate software in the archive, mainly, but not only,
for security reasons. Therefore, JQuery is packaged as a Debian
package that is used by Trac, but also by other web applications.
If e.g. a security bug is found in JQuery, we need only to update
the JQuery package with a fixed version and do not need to care
about Trac and e.g. half a dozen other packages.

In any case, as Debian packager of Trac I would have to use the
Debian JQuery package, not an embedded copy in the Trac archive.
If, however, the JQuery version embedded in Trac and the one in
Debian diverge, if Debian uses a newer version, I fear, that
resulting problems would not have high priority, because "the
embedded copy works". Well, the risk is probably not so high,
but in any case I would prefer to not include any 3rd party SW
in the Trac release.

If Trac would use an embedded copy of JQuery, why not also
include Genshi, Pygments, PySQLite/PsycoPG etc.? I hope, you
don't do that :~)