You could make a plugin that handles r\d+ syntax and force it to load before
trac.versioncontrol. That plugin could then handle looking up rev->sha
mappings in a table somewhere (depending on how fancy you wanted to get).

--Noah

From: trac-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:trac-us...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Gary Oberbrunner
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:29 AM
To: trac-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Trac] Migrating from svn to hg or git with trac: will changeset
wiki links break?

We're considering moving from svn to hg or git (who isn't?), and I'm worried
about all the trac wiki links that point to rev numbers.  I have a few
questions:

 * If we switch to a dvcs, what does trac use after the "r" or in the [123]
to refer to a changeset?  Shortened SHA-1?
 * If I switch my repo from svn -> hg or svn -> git, is there any way for
trac to update all the rXYZ links (in tickets, wiki pages, milestones, etc.)
to point to the new changesets?

Has anyone done this successfully?  Have any pointers?

Thanks,

--
-- Gary Oberbrunner