On 06/28/2010 07:30 AM, gra...@googlemail.com wrote:
Hi,

I would like to setup notification for my trac project. For the server
I already setup ssmtp as an simple sendmail replacement. Now I want
trac to use ssmtp but I always receive an (111, 'Connection refused')
error.

I think that's because ssmtp is not a sendmail replacement in the way that you're thinking. I don't believe it actually listens on port 25 - it just adds a sendmail binary (and others) so that simple mailers which only know how to submit mail for sending to a local MTA still work. Trac actually understands how to talk to an SMTP server, so it's not really necessary.

> Is there a way to configure trac to use ssmtp?

All ssmtp does is forward mail to another smtp server, so why not just have Trac use that smtp server? Why bother with ssmtp in the middle?
--
SIXNET - Industrial and Wireless Connectivity
331 Ushers Road, Ballston Lake, NY 12019