Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of setting up a trac site, mainly to get the experience on doing so, and because I've always been curios about trac and it's ability to interface with subversion.

I use FreeBSD 8.0, and installed trac via

trac# cd /usr/ports/
trac# portinstall www/trac

Then did:

trac-admin /usr/local/www/myproj initenv
chown -R www:www /usr/local/www/myproj/

And finally:

trac-admin /usr/local/www/myproj deploy /tmp/myproj
mv /tmp/myproj/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/www/myproj/www/.
mv /tmp/myproj/htdocs/* /usr/local/www/myproj/www/.

I already had Python 2.6.5 and Apache 2.2.15 installed, and as such simply needed to install mod_wsgi (via ap22-mod_wsgi-3.2). As far as I can tell, everything is running, but I keep getting a page that simply states:

Index of /

- cgi-bin/
- common/
- site/

I know trac itself is configured correctly, because if I use:

tracd -p 8000 /usr/local/www/myproj/

I can browse to it, with out issue, this leads me to believe something is wrong with the apache configuration. Further research indicated there is a chance I could be running into an expat linkage conflict/issue, and it may be an issue, as I currently have expat 2.0.1 installed, with apache correctly linked to it, yet Pythin via pyexpat is linked against 2.0.0. I would not think such a small minor version change would cause it, however, and am wanting to confirm that my apache configuration is in fact correct before I try to further resolve that issue, as it could be quite problematic.

As such, could someone look over this apache Virtual Host config and see if I've missed something?

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName trac.mydomain.org

<Directory /usr/local/www/myproj/www/cgi-bin/>
                WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
</Directory>

        WSGIScriptAlias / /usr/local/www/myproj/www/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi
        TraceEnable off

<Location />
                Authtype Digest
                AuthName "Authentication Framework Trac"
                AuthUserFile /usr/local/www/svn-auth-file
                Require valid-user
</Location>

        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/trac_org_error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/trac_access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

This is the output of the trac.wsgi file that was created during the deployment stage:

import os

def application(environ, start_request):
    if not 'trac.env_path_parent_dir' in environ:
        environ.setdefault('trac.env_path', '/usr/local/www/myproj')
    if 'PYTHON_EGG_CACHE' in environ:
        os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] = environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE']
    elif 'trac.env_path' in environ:
os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] = os.path.join(environ['trac.env_path'],
                                                      '.egg-cache')
    elif 'trac.env_path_parent_dir' in environ:
os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] = os.path.join(environ['trac.env_path_parent_dir'],
                                                      '.egg-cache')
    from trac.web.main import dispatch_request
    return dispatch_request(environ, start_request)

I know I have to be missing something, but the documentation is not completely clear as to what that might be and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.