On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Mathew Phillips
<mathew.phill...@wartburg.edu> wrote:
> I've searched the Trac Hacks and the normal Trac plugin site and I can't
> quite seem to find a plugin that meets what I'm looking for. I love trac and
> the way it functions so far. I would like to use the wiki to manage some of
> the documents for my project like business requirements and models and
> documentation. The default to me seems to be just to be able to attach
> documents to a particular page. I see that you can overwrite them with
> another document so if you make changes to the document you can update what
> is stored on the page. But it would make more sense to only have one copy of
> the document that is stored as the attachment to the page and you can edit
> it and save it automatically.

AFAICS this looks very similar to Sharepoint CMS (i.e. document
libraries contain only have one copy of documents, each having it's
own history with major & minor version numbers and -MS Office files-
may be edited directly from web page and updated auto-magically via
WebDav , ...) .

The fact is that Trac isn't exactly a CMS . It's possible to implement
such extension on top of it but it's not a trivial task . OTOH ,
TracCMIS plugin offers some kind of integration for CMS implementing
CMIS standard , so you could deploy a CMS together with Trac and
integrate both (like someone said once es_ES «zapatero a tus zapatos»
...) . See links below for further details about CMIS implementors

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-cms/update-cms-interoperability-project-cmis-making-solid-progress-005003.php
http://xml.coverpages.org/cmis.html#supportingEntities
http://www.cmswatch.com/Blog/1368-Microsoft-SharePoint-and-the-CMIS-standard
http://groups.google.com/group/django-cms/browse_thread/thread/31dd071b4f7da6f0/127641ff8c65253b?lnk=raot&pli=1