Dear Matthew,

>> Hmm.. in trac.ini, what is max_size (under [attachment]) set to? I wonder if it is set to 140k, and the "the file you're trying to upload is too big" logic is not working correctly in 0.12? (I'm still on 0.11.6).

I installed the trac system with the instructions at
  http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall
with fcgi-Mode on apache.

I set up the max_size-limit to 12MB (12629760 bytes).

>> Also, are the files corrupt because they're truncated to some limit, or are they full size? If, for example, you're uploading a 3M file, but only 140K hits disk, that could easily be the cause of the corruption (which is slightly different than it getting mangled but being roughly the same size).

No truncation. I have uploaded a 5MB JPG-Image, it also has 5MB on the server. If I download the image, you can view the image, but it's a corrupted (wrong colors and so on).

> Also, hitting long shots here:
>  - is the disk full?
No

>  - is the webserver user hitting some usage quota?
No, I have no quota set up. It's a up 2 date 10.04 ubuntu virtual server, without raid.

> - How does a 4K file do? 8K? 16K? I ask because these are typical allocation blocksizes for a variety of storage systems. If, for example, your RAID controller is doing something strange, it could result in badness there (although you would be noticing a lot more random crashes and everything would be largely going
down in flames).

You are raid, if it will be caused by raid, that would be horrible ;)
The test with 4,8,16kb file was positiv - all images are correct.

Peter

On 11/19/2010 09:46 AM, goo...@ifo.net wrote:
Dear Matthew,

Thanks for your response!

>> What happens with a plain text file? My thought is, if it is being
mangled in some way, and you upload a plain text file, how it is being
mangled may become apparent.
The textfile is normal, no corruptions.

Based on your subsequent comments, it may be because the text file is small.

If have tested more uploads yet. As I can see, a png-Image with about
3KB size is ok,
if the png-Image is a larger on (about 140KB), the image is corrupt.

Could the size a problem for the upload? In my oppinion 140KB is not so
big for a documentation image.