On 12/08/2010 01:41 PM, P L wrote:
My question : which smpt server shall we use in track.ini file for our gmail
based commercial email addresses ?

I would ask Google, as they provide the server.

THIS WORKS :
smtp_from = pierrotlafou...@gmail.com<pie...@technowait.com>
smtp_from_name = PierrotLafouine
smtp_replyto  = pierrotlafou...@gmail.com<pie...@technowait.com>
smtp_always_bcc = pierrotlafou...@gmail.com<pie...@technowait.com>
smtp_always_cc = pierrotlafou...@gmail.com<pie...@technowait.com>

What's with the malformed email address lines? Depending on how Trac parses these (I don't actually recall), either:
 - it will break
 - it will send to both of those addresses
- it will use the email of pie...@technowait.com while thinking the "friendly" name is pierrotlafou...@gmail.com

THIS DOESN'T WORKS :
smtp_server = smtp.ourcompanyname.com<http://smtp.gmail.com/>

I do not believe that this is a valid SMTP server line, it should be either:

smtp_server = smtp.ourcompanyname.com
- or -
smtp_server = smtp.gmail.com

Further, are you *actually* using smtp.ourcompanyname.com? Shouldn't it be smtp.technowait.com, or something similar? After all, smtp.ourcompanyname.com resolves to:

~$ host smtp.ourcompanyname.com
smtp.ourcompanyname.com has address 208.73.210.29
smtp.ourcompanyname.com mail is handled by 0 mx.fakemx.net.

And the MX record here is not very promising...

Now, assuming your company is indeed technowait.com, some quick DNS lookups tell me the answer:

~$ host technowait.com
technowait.com has address 69.164.210.132
technowait.com mail is handled by 10 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
technowait.com mail is handled by 0 aspmx.l.google.com.
technowait.com mail is handled by 10 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

According to the above, your mail servers are:
aspmx.l.google.com
alt1.aspmx.l.google.com
alt2.aspmx.l.google.com

Now, whether or not these servers are configured to relay outgoing mail (many just receive email destined for your domain and reject all others), I cannot say. You would have to ask google.

Also, smtp.technowait.com doesn't exist:

~$ host smtp.technowait.com
Host smtp.technowait.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
--
Matthew Caron
Build Engineer