The SQL to do this is pretty easy.

It should work just fine to do it in production, but to be safe you might bring
down apache/tracd/whatever so there's no locking contention. If you just want
to delete the comments from a specific author on a specific ticket:

delete from ticket_change where ticket = 1700 and field = "comment" and
author="davids";