On 2013-06-09 23:42, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> Soooo - what would be involved in having an extra text field in the
> Trac ticket which (in my case) could be labelled "Release note"?
>
> Is it configurable in Trac or would it require development.

Adding text field to Trac ticket is really easy, if you have the
TracCustomFieldAdmin plugin installed (in Debian it is called
trac-customfieldadmin). Just go to Admin -> Ticket System ->
Custom Fields, enter the name "rel_note" of type "Textarea",
label "Release Notes", maybe set the format to "wiki" and you're
done. Without the plugin, you have to add the field to your
trac.ini file, which is not very difficult neither:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTicketsCustomFields